Full Day Kindergarten
Full-day Kindergarten programming supports students in our neighborhood. This program assists all our students to prepare for grade 1, and in particular those students who are learning English or living in socially vulnerable neighbourhoods in preparing for Grade 1.
- Develop speech and language, and motor skills
- Learn to share, co-operate, be responsible, problem-solve, self-express and make decisions
- Participate in group and individual classroom activities
- Develop positive attitudes toward learning
- Develop a sense of confidence and self-esteem
- Improved ability to socialize and play with others
- Increased independence
- Development of co-ordination skills and healthy living habits
- Full-day classes scheduled for five days per week
- Organized activities within a play-based learning environment
- Flexible instruction based on students’ needs and interests
- Supports like speech and language services, physical therapy, occupational therapy and family resource co-ordinator services
To be eligible for this programming, students must be:
- Four on or before March 1
- Living in the attendance area of a school offering Full-day Kindergarten
For more information about eligibility, contact a school offering Full-day Kindergarten.
All Edmonton Public Schools programming is based on curriculum determined by Alberta Education. Students enrolled in Full-day Kindergarten will receive the same high-quality education offered in all of our programs.