Opportunity programming supports students with mild cognitive disabilities and significant academic delays gain skills for future independent living and employment.
- Improve academic and independent living skills
- Develop employment skills for students in junior or senior high
- Application of strategies for studying, remembering and organizing information
- Improved work and study skills
- Positive and supportive learning environment
- Emphasis on literacy and math instruction in elementary grades
- Slower pace of instruction
- Flexible instruction based on students' needs and abilities
- Visual aids, specific examples and hands-on activities
- Smaller classes for more targeted instruction
All Edmonton Public Schools programming is based on curriculum determined by Alberta Education. Students enrolled in the Opportunity program will receive the same high-quality education offered in all of our programs.
Most schools offering special education needs programming have some yellow busing options available. For more information about busing, contact your child’s school or call Student Transportation at 780-429-8585.